This post is not going to be about the meeting itself, that will come later. What I wanted to post about was what I learned about myself while I was there.
1. I really wish that I had somebody there with me who I could have bounced ideas off of. There’s something about having a room with two beds in it (and only using one) that really made me long for one of my Earlham friends to be there with me. That way at night after everything was over, we could have sat up and talked theology.
2. I really do like talking theology.
3. There’s a difference between being by yourself and being with yourself.
4. This feeling I’ve had about the whole seminary process is something everyone who’s gone to seminary goes through.
5. I really do love my friends. Even the ones who drive me batty.